Unlike many ‘High Street’ laser clinics Professor Sunil Shah can offer refractive surgery for almost any glasses or contact lens prescriptions. He has treated up to -27 Dioptres for shortsightedness and +12 Dioptres for longsightedness. He treats many complicated prescriptions that have been declined to be treated elsewhere.
He offers a variety of procedures: PRK, LASEK, LASIK, phakic IOL’s, clear lens extractions and refractive cataract surgery.
Professor Sunil Shah is an internationally recognized surgeon, teacher and examiner in the field of refractive surgery. Below is a list of some of his achievements:
- Past president of the British Society for Refractive Surgery
- International advisory panel for training in refractive surgery for the International Society for Refractive Surgery/American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Specialist advisor to the National Institute for Clinical Excellence in refractive surgery
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists working party on refractive surgery
- Examiner for the Royal College of Ophthalmologists refractive surgery examination
- Founder and senior tutor for e-learning course in refractive surgery at University of Ulster
- Widely published in the field of refractive surgery (see list of publications)